miércoles, 6 de marzo de 2019

A Timeline using Timetoast


Timeline with Timetoast
1.Learning Objectives:
·        Group work cooperation
·        Use of technologies
·        Select relevant information
·        Produce a Timeline related to the cinema/series world
·        Use English to communicate
2.I have found Timetoast a very useful, entertaining and easy-to-handle tool. My students of 2º of ESO found it useful too and extremely easy for them to manage.
To set up the ctivity I took advantage of the unit we are working on which deals with the world of cinema. Previous to this activity we had alredy introduced types of films and series and they had roleplayed a conversation where they talked about their favourite  series or films. So when the time of the Timeline came up, it was relatively easy to follow this activity up. I showed them one tutorial (“peace of cake” in their own words) and I they formed teams of 3 students to look for information about 5 different entries related to the world of cinema. They had to point out the dates, include a picture and highlight some relevant information.
There have been no serious problems but for a couple of groups which found some problems by the time of signing up. However, they solved them out cooperatively. As for their reaction to the activity, they are usually motivated when netbooks are introduced in the class and more particularly if the activiy is related to a fun world such as the cinema.
The main problem that I see to the tool is the feedback. Next time I will have their texts assessed before getting written in the Timeline. Sometimes my eyes ache when I see their productions (Lol).
Finally, Timetoast has helped my students to negotiate the content of the production, select relevant information in the net,  using English to communicate.


As an example of my students' work I leave a couple of links.

https://www.timetoast.com/timelines/1973714

https://www.timetoast.com/timelines/1973702

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario